Jo brings a wealth of experience from the private and public sectors to HonInfo. Administrative Manager and Director for Hawaiian Duplicator Corporation (office equipment sales & service), Administrative VP for Mountain Apple Company (entertainment & music recording), and Government Affairs lobbyist for the Honolulu Board of Realtors (a professional association) illustrate the variety and scope of her background.
Through the years, Jo has also dedicated herself to public service:
• Director & Chair of Government Affairs Committee, NPRRA (National Public Records Research Association)
• Secretary & Director, Better Business Bureau of Hawaii
• Board Chair, Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii
• Vice Chair, State Elections Appointment Panel
• Chair, Advisory Commission on Housing & Community, City & County of Honolulu
• Officer & Director, Hawaii Women’s Political Caucus
• Director & Government Affairs Chair, Goodwill Industries of Honolulu, Inc.
• Director, Japanese Chamber of Commerce
In her spare time, Jo enjoys writing children’s stories and stays active with all types of dancing, from hula to salsa. Her latest community focus is supporting the Emotional Social Learning (ESL) program, “CHOOSE LOVE” in Hawaii’s public schools.